2.27.2008

Cast-Off February Sock

A few of you have reminded me that I never posted about my completed Kaffe Fasset sock for the February Sockdown on Ravelry.

We were challenged to try a new heel. I choose the Eye of Partridge heel and then ended up making my own modifications so the brilliant Kaffe Fasset colors would ‘pop’ more. BTW, I love, love, love this Regia Kaffe Fasset line! I want to collect all of the dyelots. I knit this pair of socks very quickly because I couldn’t wait to see the next color unfold.

Popping Eye of Partridge Heel (even # sts)
Row 1: Sl 1 purlwise, *k 1, sl 1 knitwise,* repeat from * to * end.
Row 2: Sl 1 purlwise, p to last stitch, k 1.
Row 3: Sl 1 purlwise, sl 1 knitwise, *k 1, sl 1 knitwise,* repeat from * to * last 2 sts, k to end.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2Repeat these rows till heel flap is about 2 1/2 in or desired length.

This is definitely my new favorite heel flap! I really like how it looks and will try to incorporate it into my upcoming socks.