8.27.2006

Blog Face Lift and Gents Socks

I've been wanting to give my blog a face lift for the past month and have finally taken the plunge. What-d0-ya-think? De-cluttering is in order. I think I may have gone a bit overboard with links and buttons on my old blog and the goal is to keep this one much simpler.



The Fancy Gentlemen Socks are finished from the Vintage Sock Knitalong. Although I loved the pattern, the toes turned out, well .... rather "elfish". They are really pointy! They are not quite as pointy on my feet but I would definitely change the toe pattern if I ever knit this pattern again. I love the Shaefer Anne yarn that my One Skein Pal sent me. It is now tied with the Shepherd Sock as my favorite yarn. Aren't the colors stunning?



BTW, I have had the most incredible One Skein Pal. She sent her final package to me and I will be posting about it tomorrow......what she made for me is PERFECT!

Back to the Broncos.............and, my orange and blue Opal Bronco socks! I am using Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern. I think I am the only sock knitter left who has not used this pattern. The needles are my new Colonial Rosewood DPNs and the needle coils are from my One Skein Pal....they work great....you just uncoil them and then wrap them around your needles to keep them snugly together. Unlike my old teeny sock sweaters that used to fit on the end of my needles, these will not be getting stretched out!