9.21.2006

Stoke the Fire the Snows A-Comin

I woke up this morning to a freezing house. Normally, the heater is running but not today because the electricity was off! Hmmmm....did DH wake me up to tell me it was SNOWING or did I just dream that? I wasn't dreaming it. I decided a roaring fire in the fireplace was in order. I envisioned myself with a nice cup of coffee, my newly returned laptop on my lap and a bit of catch-up time on the computer until the electricity was restored. But alas, I quickly discovered that without electricity there is no internet connection and no way to make coffee! Three hours later the electricity returned.
If you look closely at my Pike Peak-less picture (the clouds are obscuring it) you will notice patches of white. That would be snow. The snow has already melted off the deck and trees. It is gone for today but this weekend the high country is supposed to get dumped on. This will probably be our first winter storm. Can you believe it?

I also wanted to give you a shot outside my dining room window of some aspen trees in their just-beginning-to-turn-gold state. In a few days I will post another shot of them in their golden glory.
My laptop is indeed home. The good news is that it is no longer the sluggish laptop I handed over to the technitian. The bad news is that they cleaned out my hard drive completely and I have to start over from scratch. Fortunately, DH put all my Word documents and pictures on a jumpdrive but neither one of us thought to back up my hundreds of "Favorites" I had saved. All my favorite knitting sites are gone, gone, gone as are all the fun knitting patterns I had been saving here and there. Oh bother! as Pooh would say........................

In other news, Jane the Aussie Oz Knitter is starting a blog for first time Toe-Uppers. I quality. I've been wanting to knit socks toe-up for quite a while but have been too chicken to try. I think we are going to be knitting Knitty's Widdershins pattern. Stay tuned for more information and come join us if you want to learn something new.