3.29.2007

A Day in the Springs

Spring Break has flown by all too quickly and DD is leaving tomorrow. She has had a busy week studying for her upcoming eight-hour Engineering licensing exam so I thought we deserved one "fun" mommy-daughter day out.


We went to one of her favorite little bistros, La Baguette in Old Colorado City where she always gets the Alfredo Pasta. I always get the French Onion Soup, the best I've ever had.




Then, of course, we hit all three knitting shops in town starting with Needleworks.


Here I was reminded that I am "supposed" to be working on SIRDAL, a Dale of Norway sweater. The shop had an adorable child version hanging up which ignited a fire in me to re-acquaint myself with the pattern. I am part of the Dales of North America KAL and this is the sweater I stated I would knit.

Isn't it a lovely Norwegian sweater?

I left Needleworks not only purchasing the remaining skeins of yarn I needed, but also signing up for a workshop with the store Norwegian guru . The guru is actually a man! It is my understanding that you bring in whatever you are working on and he will tudor you along. I think this is just what I need to get me over my reluctance to start. They have to wait for another student to sign up so I'm not sure when it will start.

The 2007 Knit From Your Stash Challenge? You are allowed to purchase yarn to complete an existing project should you run short, I am not going to count this as a real yarn purchase. I was short four skeins having enough for my Sirdal. Too many sweaters and not enough time!