5.08.2007

Made it to Auburn

This is the stone my girls sat on four years ago when we drove down to look at Auburn University for Jennifer. The purpose of the picture was to convince their Daddy to let them go out-of-state and across the nation to attend college. He was skeptical and they were "defending their rights" and making a pretty good defense. Of course, back then, it never dawned on me that by doing so it would decrease the likelihood of them coming back home to Colorado to work! There is part of me that now wishes I had been as skeptical as DH was! I made it to Auburn................it took eleven lonely hours. The worst part was that I could not KNIT! (Shhhh.....don't tell the family.....it would have only taken ten hours if I hadn't stopped to knit a few rows at every rest stop). The grandparents and the husband arrive tomorrow and the following day my girls will be standing beside this sign in caps and gowns!
Question to self: "Why isn't it HUMID in Auburn? Please don't be HUMID on Thursday when both of my girls have ceremonies at the exact time and I have to walk/run from one end of campus to the other! Please?"