5.25.2007

Show and Tell Friday

Today is SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY for the Hogwarts Sock Swap. All participants in the swap earn 5 House Points for posting a progress picture of the socks they are knitting for their Hogwarts Pal. The Slytherins are currently in the lead with my House, Gryffindor, following closely behind.

The HUFFLEPUFF colors are black and yellow so I'm obviously knitting for a Hufflepuff! There are 30 Hufflepuffs in the swap so if you are a Hufflepuff reader these socks may be for you!

PATTERN: Horcrux Socks

YARN: Louet Opal Sportweight

NEEDLE SIZE: 2.25mm

I prefer to knit both socks at the same time but not on circular needles. These are Dobby socks, mirror image, of each other. I would have no qualms about wearing mis-matched socks in public so I am hoping my Hogwarts Pal is not uneasy about this. I decided that if one is brave enough to wear Hogwart socks then one would be brave enough to wear mis-matched socks! These socks should be finished and on my pal's feet by the Order of the Phoenix movie opening. That being said, I'm running dangerously close to running out of yarn and may need to order some more.


I'm enjoying this pattern, however I will say that I have found two errors in it. In hindsight, I would change the heel. A stockinette heel is not my favorite heel and I don't think it will be very durible.


We are having incredible fun at Hogwarts these days! Round TWO of the Hogwarts Sock Swap will run August 1- October 31. If you think you might want to participate then mark your calendar for the July 14th sign-up day -- it will fill up fast! BTW, the Hogwarts Deputy Headmistress is awesome!