I am knitting, really I am! I don't think I have gone this long without posting a knitting picture, ever. The WIP are just not in a stage worthy of pictures....but soon.
My trip through the South last month left me nostalgic and wanting to read some Southern literature so when I stumbled across Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge 2007 I signed up immediately. I wanted a summer reading challenge and this one sounds great.
When I think of Southern authors the following names come to mind: Flannery O'Connor, Eudora Welty and Harper Lee. They are all wonderful authors and To Kill A Mockingbird, A Good Man is Hard to Find, and The Optimist's Daughter will top my reading list. I want to throw in Christy because it takes place in the Tennessee Smoky Mountains, not too far from where DD moved to. I've added a few other books that I've wanted to read for a while although I think the summer may be over before I get to them.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Optimist's Daugher by Eudora Welty
- A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor
- Christy by Catherine Marshall
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Great Santini by Pat Conroy
- Cane River by Lalita Tademy
- Tobacco Road by Erskine Caldwell
- The Sound and Fury by William Falkner
- Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain