5.12.2008

CADIZ ~ Spain's Gateway to the Atlantic


Buenos Dias, Cadiz!

When Don and I awoke the morning we were to arrive in Spain, the ship had already docked and we witnessed a beautiful sunrise over Cadiz. We would not be spending the day in Cadiz having booked a shore excursion to Seville, Spain. Seville was about an hour and a half away. The buses were lined up waiting for us to disembark.

Sevilla was lovely! The day was beautiful with glorious sunshine and temperatures in the upper sixties. I had planned three tours in Seville. The first would be a walking tour of Barrio Santa Cruz, a once-thriving Sevilla Jewish Quarter. Then, I had planned to tour the Alcazar, palace of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Lastly, I wanted to tour the Cathedral next to the Alcazar knowing that many famous masterpieces were within. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and did not get to see the Cathedral except from the outside.

Will you now come with me on a walking tour of the Barrio Santa Cruz? You can click the descriptions under the mosaic or you can follow the link to my Barrio Santa Cruz set on Flickr.