8.31.2008

Sockdown: September!

The Sock Knitter's Anonymous Challenge for September 2008 is to knit a pair of socks using any pattern of your choice and yarn that is at least 75% ORANGE OR any pattern designed by Cookie A OR a Mystery sock designed by Jeanie Fanihi and knit in yarn that is at least 75% orange.

Since we are at the start of football season, I am going to knit some Denver Bronco socks using stashed Opal Magic yarn. These will be knit using my standard plain vanilla sock pattern.

But the real fun will begin when I pull out my new Cookie A. pattern and scrumptious yarn that Eva gifted to me during Monkey Sock Swap FOUR. I'll be knitting Marilinda, a very lovely sock featuring cables and lace twisting all the way down the heel. I can't wait to get engrossed in this pattern.

So what do you think? Is this yarn orange enough to qualify for the September Sockdown Challenge? A new year of challenges is starting in September so if you missed out on the fun last year then come join us on Ravelry!