8.19.2005

I'm Finally a Blogger!

I finally have my own blog spot so I guess I am officially a BLOGGER! I have been reading and posting on other blogspots for a couple years and decided that the time has come for me to create my own place to journal.

My passion this year is knitting socks. They are totally addicting! I recently discovered that there are sock 'knit-alongs' online and promptly joined two knit-alongs. One of them is knitting from one of my favorite sock books called KNTTING ON THE ROAD by Nancy Bush. She has some of the prettiest sock patterns out there and I was excited to find a group of ladies with the goal of knitting a selected sock from this book six times a year. The second knit-along group is knitting a pair of socks called Basketcase Socks. Both groups started their knitting August 1 and will conclude the sock at the end of September. I will post pictures of my socks to show my progress. The best thing about a knit-along is all the sage advice of other knitters. If I can't figure out what I am doing wrong I just post a question on the site and other knitters post the answer. It's wonderful!

Time to snuggle down for an evening of sock knitting. I'm waiting for my Weaver's Wool for the Friday Harbor sock, so as I wait I'm knitting the Ribs and Cables sock from the latest Interweave Magazine. I'll post a picture tomorrow.