10.29.2005

Knitalong Obsession



I guess this is the season of Nancy Bush Knitalongs!

I am knitting the Conwy sock in Lorna Lace's Shepherd Sock Poppy for the Knitting on the Road Knitalong. Although it seems like the sock is progressing slowly on 2 circular needles, I think I will be thrilled when I have two socks finished at the same time!

The Latvian socks for the Folk Sock Knitalong are moving along very slowly. The picot edge is quite pretty but knitting on size 0 needles is not a whole lot of fun. I will be lucky if I finish these by the end of November (the deadline).

My Mom gave me the middle book, Knitting Vintage Socks, for my birthday. I'm very excited about it. It has several socks for "Gentlemen" in it that dear hubby will eventially get. Of course I went and started a new Yahoo Knitalong site for it. I have had 19 ladies join in the past couple days and we are in the process of "voting" for the November/December sock.

Yes, yes, yes.....I know that I have a foot obsession right now. But, if YOU lived up in the mountains and your feet stayed cold all the time you might be tempted to knit socks, too. It is snowing right now as I right this post.

Take care everyone and stay warm.