11.11.2005

Where did those socks go?


Allison's birthday socks finally made it to her little toe-sies today! It only took two and a half weeks. Jennifer went to the post office to see if they were there and they were..along with the Reformation Bible we bought Allison for her birthday and the dvd Jennifer had ordered. Apparently, they don't give second notices, or any notices for that matter, to the Logan Square Apartment dwellers.

I started these oak ribbed socks for her as a backup pair but think I am going to keep them for myself. I love the colors. The sock is moving along quickly. It has a French Heel and a Round Toe which, hopefully, I will get to this weekend. The ribbed pattern is refreshing and easy. After my recent more complicated socks these are a breeze. The yarn is Koigu Premium Merino.

I really need to get going on some Christmas presents. The yarn for my Irish Cable Scarf is supposed to arrive today. My walks are getting chilly so it is getting time to start bundling up. I'm off to the mail box to see what awaits me.