4.21.2006

Close That Toe!


Finally finished hubbies socks. He has been waiting a looooonnnnng time for these. Every time he saw me working on socks for one of my KAL's he would say, "Hey, those don't look like my socks." So....close that toe, baby! That is all I have left to do, the Kitchener Toe. I'll have to lock myself in a quiet place to concentrate. The Kitchener stitch does get easier over time; however, it takes A LOT of concentration.

SOCK STATS:
Pattern - Best Foot Forward from Knit Socks
Yarn - Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Pine
Needles - 2.5mm dpns

Bearfoot is one of my favorite yarns. Thinking I was going to need two skeins for my sweeties huge feet, I searched far and wide to find a second skein of this discontinued color. Amazinly enough, my LYS had it! The funny thing is that I only needed it for the toe of the second sock. So, guess who will get to have matching socks? I think I will knit a pair for myself! The teeny tiny cables were fun to do.