5.29.2006

A Summer Cotton Sock Swap



When I was surfing the net the other day I came across this adorable saying:
'Bless her cotton socks'

I immediately thought, 'What in the heck does that mean? Well, I learned that it is something that you say when you want to express affection for someone. I thought....hmmmm.....cotton socks? Then my knitter's brain immediately pictured all the skeins of COTTON SOCK YARN in my stash yet to be knit ....

Wouldn't it be fun to participate in a 'BLESS HER COTTON SOCK SWAP'? What a great opportunity to knit up your cotton sock yarn and express a 'knitters' affection for another sock knitter! Summer is upon us and it is time to knit with cotton.So why not swap?

Here's how it's going to work:It's a one time swap. You will mail your secret swap partner three things:
1. One to two skeins of COTTON yarn from your stash. It must be enough to knit a pair ofsocks.
2. A sock pattern suitable for the yarn you are sending.
3. A completed pair of COTTON SOCKS for your Bless Her Cotton Socks Swap partner.
4. A note to your swap partner.

Interested? I hope you are! I have set up a Bless Her Heart Cotton Sock Exchange for it, so drop on by and sign up!