6.28.2006

Knitting Progress


I've been lax posting about my current knits and thought it was time to do so! I'm still knitting on my FLAK. After swatching, swatching and swatching I finally settled on size 4 Aero needles and Cascade 220 in hyacinth. This swatch was just to try out the Saxon Braid that I'm going to put in the middle of the sweater. I've finished the saddles and am about 4 rows into the back.

My ONE SKEIN PAL sent me some lovely Shaeffer Anne sock yarn last month and this yarn is scrumptious! It is similar to Mountain Colors Bearfoot but much finer in weight. Isn't it gorgeous?

After much contemplation, I settled on the Classy Slip-Up pattern in my KNIT SOCKS! book. I've used this pattern a couple times before and it always turns out lovely. As you can see, the slipped stitches are highlighting the changes in my multi-colored Anne yarn and also enlivening the solid colors. These socks will definitely be among my favorites. I'm knitting them on 2.25mm Crystal Palace needles.

My TREK ALONG WITH ME socks are coming along nicely. The pattern I started out with was frogged when I found another one I wanted to try in my Sensational Knitted Socks book.

The heel in this pattern is unlike 'normal' heels because they have a garter ridge along either side. It makes for a tighter gusset.

I've been on two Treks that I need to blog about and will be posting soon.

July is around the corner and will be the month I'm setting aside to knit for others. I have two pair of socks to knit for the Bless Her Cotton Socks Exchange and I need to knit something for my secret One Skein Pal.