7.28.2006

Relaxing on a Summer Eve

I just got back from a walk with DH where I saw this brilliant Indian Paintbrush wildflower. Our weather has gone from a drought condition with high fire watches to a more typical "Rocky Mountain Express" - rains rolling in every afternoon and rolling out early evening. Everything has greened up and this is probably the "greenest" summer I've ever seen up here in the mountains! The wildflowers are coming out in all their brillance.

Sitting here on my deck it is almost cool enough for a sweater. I have a glass of delicious peach tea and the current read in the Knit the Classics group, and relaxation is right around the corner. I've put off starting A Passage to India and only have a few days left before the next book begins. I have not yet knit a project to correspond to the monthly book; however, I do enjoy seeing what others come up with. I hope this is a good book.


This final shot is of the adorable teddy bear stitch marker that my One Skein Pal sent me. It signifies the beginning of a new project - one that I almost wimped out on but, with the encouragement of my knitting buddies, have fortified myself to go for it. And what do you think it is? St. Brigid, my friends - St. Brigid. This is only a glimpse. I won't be posting any pictures of her until September because I really am not supposed to even start her yet. I promised myself to finish up my Summer Knitting Challenge projects in the sidebar. As you can tell from how many I've crossed off - it's not progressing much.