10.17.2006

Apple Day

I went to an apple orchard on Saturday and came home with this:

Twenty pounds of beautiful Jonathan apples waiting to be made into yummy applesauce.

These apples have been waiting patiently for me while all my attention has been given to this:

For my Fair Isle mentors who have asked if I have tried the mit on to see if it fits my wrist, the answer is 'Yes' and 'Yes'. It has been tried on and the cuff does fit my wrist with a little bit of ease.

I am discovering how very 'addicting' this stranded knitting is! It is almost as if you are painting and you can't wait to see how the next color affects the painting. Oh dear, I can foresee that my socks just might have to take a back seat to this new found love ......

But not only are my apples calling me today, I also have a chapter to read in this:

Did you know that almost every colonial home had a copy of Pilgrims Progress their home? This book, along with a Bible, were often the only two books they owned. It is one of my very favorite books. I like to collect old copies and the one pictured is my 1883 edition. It has the most incredible engravings inside. This particular artist captured each character better than any other that I have seen. I just might have to share some of them with you in the future.

And, since I am currently teaching this course, I really must devote my afternoon to studying this:

So, I'm off to do the duties of life today as I suspect you are ,and, if I'm diligent, I just might have time to sit down at the end of my busy day and pull out the sticks! Meanwhile, we have a big snowstorm on its way and the temperature outside is plummeting.