10.05.2006

Nancy Bush KALs

Well, since IT IS Socktoberfest, I thought I would write about my three favorite knitalongs. Nancy Bush is my favorite sock pattern designer and I have all three of her books. There are knitalongs corresponding to each book and I belong to all three. Every other month we vote on a pattern to knit together from the book(s) and here are the winners for October/November 2006:

The Vintage Socks KAL will be knitting the Gentleman's Railway Stitch sock. Lucky hubby! He gets another pair of socks. I am using Kroy sock yarn and am not totally thrilled with it. The stitch definition isn't so great and the yarn splits horribly. Check out the fun heel!

The Folk Sock KAL is knitting the Scottish Kilt Hose. This was the very first sock book I ever bought and immediately bought the yarn for these very socks. I was a little too ambitious four years ago and so the yarn has been patiently waiting for my skills to catch up with my ambition. I was very excited when this was the winner of the recent poll. I LOVE these socks!


The third Nancy Bush KAL is Knitting on the Road. They will be knitting the Traveler's Stockings. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing three skeins of Koigu to knit these. I have two skeins of a lovely purple that my first Tea Swap Pal sent me but have been unable to locate a third skein in the same dye lot. Since they are last on my list and will probably not be started until the middle of November, I have a little while to "ponder" that decision. The Traveler's Stockings look the most challenging of the three.

Meanwhile, the aspen leaves have fallen and my St. Brigid sweater is calling, calling, calling......and the poodle is shivering as he waits for his Dandy Doggy Sweater.