10.02.2006

Mock Cable Dandy Dog Sweater

The Dandy Dog Sweater winner is the Mock Cable Sweater (the gold sweater). Thank you all for helping me decide which sweater to knit first. Since I am using yarn from stash, I won't be knitting it in the gold yarn. I had some lovely Cascade 220 Quatro in a coral color (my favorite color) and have started the sweater with this yarn.

It's going quickly so far. I used Theresa's method of knitting and reading at the same time and got most of this done this morning with some reading I needed to do.

Some of you had asked what pattern this is. It is a Fiber Trends pattern called Dandy Dogs.

Kathy , who is knitting for Sofee, asked if it came in a size small enough for her 4-1/2 lb. Chi... I'm knitting the XXS. There are 7 sizes ranging from XXS to XXL. The XXS has a back length of 10", chest size of 12" and finished sweater size range of 9-1/2"-14". I may have to shorten mine a bit but I think the chest size will work for my shivering-in-the-Rockies-teacup-poodle.