11.30.2006

Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge

The challenge has been issued from Andrea....... I've heard the challenge ........ and I accept the challenge! What challenge you ask? This challenge.

The rules:

1. Knit something in stranded colorwork
2. Knit them starting December 1st.
3. Or later.
4. Just knit them.
5. You must finish them.
6. Or not. Your call.
7. Share your progress (or frustration. Or hints. Or tips) with us.

All those who have challenged have been asked the following questions:

What are your projects for this knitalong?

ALCEA, of course!

And just in case hit the point where I feel I'm not making any progress and I must finish SOMETHING, I've decided to add a smaller stranded colorwork project. This lonely Nordic Mitten needs a mate!

If I get really ambitious, I will knit this Dale of Norway FANA Sweater. It was originally supposed to be my first fair isle project. The yarn waits patiently for the needles. But then, I will probably knit it for the Dale of Norway North American KAL starting in January.

And I will not, no I will NOT cast on the lovely Alice Starmore Donegal sweater.....that is, until Alcea is finished. The yarn is marinating.



Is this your first colorwork project?

No.


If it isn't, what was your first, and has it survived the test of time?

The first colorwork project I made was actually a pair of socks for my daughter. I'm not sure how they are holding up since they reside in another state with my daughter. She says that she still wears them but I'm not certain she washes them with the care I wash my own hand-knit socks.