12.14.2006

A Family Tradition

This is the first year that my husband and I are doing one of our favorite mountain Christmas traditions alone, our six foot Advent Log. We have a new Advent book by Calvin Miller that my husband reads to me every night after the candles are lit. We then pray for an individual from our list. I'm enjoying this special time together, although it is definitely a reminder that it is just the two of us now! Not for long though, my girls are flying home as I write this post.

Here is the log as it appears in the daylight hours. There are green candles for Sundays, a white candle for Christmas Day and red candles for the remaining days.



Here is the log at night. As you can probably tell, we light an additional candle each night and on Christmas the white candle in the center will be lit.