12.12.2006

Where Are My Elves?

The shelves have been cleared of their books and lie in wait.............

My Dept. 56 Original Snow Village are out of their boxes and ready to be put on the shelves......

But where are my minions...oops, I mean "elves" who set up the Snow Village every year? They are finishing final exams and packing to come home!

These clever elfins wanted the house to be all decorated and ready for them when they arrived but, I do not have their ingenuity of setting up snowy hills for the Snow Village and all the other things they do to make the setting "just right." This annual event has been delegated to my girls since they were 9 and 10 years old. I don't think I have the heart this year to do this on my own. I'm just not ready.....yet. Maybe next year.

Consequently,I think this little village will wait patiently until Friday when Jennifer and Allison are home (at last!) and can set it up together.

On the fiendishly knitting front - I have one size 12 Railway Sock completed for DH.......

How many days do I have left to complete sock #2?