1.04.2007

Socks for the Tootsies!


The Vintage Socks January 2007 Challenge is upon us Nancy Bush sock fans and I have chosen the Child's French Sock. I have already frogged this sock twice using some Koigu Merino so now I'm switch to some Lisa Souza for fresh inspiration. Kathy has inspired me. I received this yummy yarn from my Tea Swap Pal. One of the challenge rules is to pick a sock you missed first go-round and I missed this one. Yarn-overs and I have an unspoken agreement that we do not like each other but I am bound and determined to make friends during the month of January!

Do you see my new Knit Picks Chart Keeper in the background? I received it yesterday from my Sockret Pal. I eyed this last summer in the KnitPicks catalog and have been wanting one. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on the blog or if, perhaps, it was on the Sockret Questionnaire but, at any rate, I was thrilled beyond measure to receive her package yesterday with all of its contents:


I wish I had taken a picture of how my pal wrapped everything but I can never wait to get home before opening the box! In addition to the chartkeeper, my pal gifted me with some lovely KnitPicks Gloss yarn, a fun bookmark (I collect bookmarks as momentos) and lots of tempting chocolate and some white tea. BTW, on a recent tour of the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder we were told that white tea is the highest in anti-oxidants. I can't wait to try the yarn. My pal said she used Gloss in a recent shawl knit. I'm not quite ready for a shawl although that is a future goal of mine. These Gloss skeins are probably destined to warm my toe-sies.

THANK YOU, SOCKERINA!

In other sock news, I've been knitting away on Spey Valley , the Dec/Jan KOTR sock. I am using 2.0mm needles and the socks are very snug. I'm not altogether happy about that and they may end up in the frog pond. However, I really do like the St. Ives yarn. I'm just wishing I had knit them on 2.25mm.