2.16.2007

Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock Progress

During February/March 2007 my Vintage Socks KAL is knitting the Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock. Plain, indeed it is! When the sock won the poll I knew immediately I needed to use a patterned yarn to get through the dull stockinette pattern. And, since I am participating in the Knit From Your Stash 2007 Challenge, I selected a patterned yarn that had been in my stash the longest, a Regia Jacquard in purplish tones.

I'm knitting both socks at the same time to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrom. I really wanted to try my new Skacel steel needles and so I'm combining wood and steel, a big no-no. I must have a death-grip on my wooden needles for they all end up warped. The verdict is still out on these new needles. I love the feel of wooden needles and I'm not sure the steel is going to win. BTW, these are 2.0mm.