2.15.2007

Resolved - FLAK

Resolved. I will knit my FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong) for one hour a day. I think all the FLAK leaders are long done with their FLAKs but there are a few of us still lurking around working on our sweaters. The FLAK experts still keep tabs on us so there will be folks around to help me if I get stumped.

I have several sweaters on my needles right now and it dawned on me that it just might be nice to actually WEAR one of them. It is COLD outside! I picked the one I am furthest along on and RESOLVED that it will be finished by the end of March. Hold me to it girls!

Part 6 - The Sleeves

I have arrived at the point in my FLAK knitting where I am going to add some extra width to the sweater. I'm using Janet Szabo's alternate construction method which will eliminate some sewing. Rather than casting on additional stitches here and knitting to the bottom of the body, I'm going to knit the sleeves next.


Sleeve stitches are picked up along the side edge of the body. My filler stitch is the Moss Stitch. I'm picking up 3 stitches for every 4 rows. The ration seems perfect. I used knitting safety pins to mark the 4 row sequence.


I picked up 53 sts + 20 saddle sts + 53 sts + 2 selvedge sts.