3.04.2007

The Lure of the Sirens and Two Sweaters

I ventured over the mountain yesterday to spend a day in the city all by myself. Since my nephew has been here, I haven't had this luxury in eight weeks. My DH told me to enjoy my day out and I did! And, the evidence of this enjoyment will be displayed before your very eyes in the following pictures.

I spent several hours in my LYS fondling yarn and perusing pattern books. Should I take the KNIT FROM YOUR STASH 2007 button off my sidebar before I go any further? Right now?

Yes....the lure of the sirens was too much for me! I picked up the Fall 2006 Knitscene with the Central Park Hoodie in it and carried it around the store with me the first thirty minutes. I actually put it back, twice. But then, I spotted the Tahki Donegal Tweed the pattern called for and I was doomed. RED! I love RED!

Enjoyment Evidence #1:

I actually cast on in the parking lot of the LYS! Freedom to knit all by myself with no pressure to come home. I even bought some new Brittany needles so I could cast on in the parking lot!

Whenever you fall off a challenge you might as well make it a BIG fall, right? I spotted the perfect yarn for my ROGUE pattern. It is called Kathmandu Aran and it is 85% Merino Wool, 10% Silk and 5% Cashmere. This color is one of my very favorite colors.

Enjoyment Evidence #2:

I swatched today and gauge was met on 4.0mm Inox Straight Needles. The texture of this yarn is very, very soft even though it looks "tweedy".

The day was wonderful. I've been under a lot of stress lately and really needed to get away from it all. All the stress is taking its toll on my body. I stopped by the grocery store to check my blood pressure and it was 153 over 93. YIKES! Guess it is time for me to get back on high blood pressure medication.