4.04.2007

A Dog, More Milage and Jane Austen





The Runagogo is keeping me motivated to walk down and get the mail every day. There have been several times I thought about not doing so and then I thought about hitting that 100 miles by July! I have thus far logged 7.5 miles and only have 92.5 to go! The dog? He cannot log that same mileage in his log because I've ended up carrying him at least half the time. The other half of the time he is busy marking trees, rocks, pebbles, snow piles..........male dogs, never again!

My mini-ipod is my favorite companions on these walks. I usually listen to at least four unabridged books a month. Before you think all that time is 'walking' time, I must clarify that much of it is 'knitting' time. Earlier this month I listened to The Sorceror's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets to help me gear up for the Hogwarts Sock Swap. This week I am listening to Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, one of the only remaining Austen books I have not yet read.

Speaking of Jane Austen, I received my Monkey Sock package from my British pal in the Monkey Sock Swap. Royal Mail....cool.....of course I had to open it then and there and carry the contents back home in my backpack. My next post will be all about the incredible contents. And, as one of the characters repeatedly says in Sense and Sensibility, "I am all astonishment!"