4.02.2007

Reflection Tuesday

What did your family like to do on weekends when you were growing up?

This may sound like a strange way to spend your Sunday afternoons but my family, all six of us, would pile into our car and go look at model homes.

We usually did this on Sunday afternoons as Saturdays were reserved for running errands with Dad and helping him with his chores. I was a "Daddy's girl".

To this day, I'm not quite sure WHY we did this because my Dad's job relocated us to a new state every three years. Although, I might add, within those three year stretches it was not at all unusual for us to live in at least two new homes within that area. My Dad used to tell us it was his "gypsy" blood that urged him on.

My brothers hated looking at model homes but I enjoyed it. As the boys got older they either stayed in the car or stayed home. I enjoyed it so much that I often passed hours and hours away drawing house plans and designing my own dream home. Imagine my shock when years later I married my husband who stays put in one state , in one house for years and years on end!

So how about you? What did YOUR family do on weekends when you were growing up?