4.15.2007

What's this? A Gryf Sock?

GRYFFINDOR?


I have been incredibly busy but it hasn't been this GRYFFINDOR sock that has kept me so.

My lack of posts has not been because I have been knitting, although there has been 'some' knitting, but not much.

My lack of posts has been completely due to the scheme I had to get my soon-to-graduate daughter to dive into the world of knitting socks and sock swaps. I didn't really think this clever little idea of mine would completely take over my life. Nor did I realize how many Harry Potter fanatics there were in the world of knitting! But, I quickly found out. The Hogwarts Sock Swap exploded within days of listing. In fact, I turned the sign-ups off after only ten days because we had already reached 100 participants. And THIS is why I have not had time to post on my blog or look at any of YOUR blogs for two weeks. I've been busy sorting, well I guess the Sorting Hat did the sorting, these eager knitters into their Hogwart Houses and giving them a pal to knit socks for.

The whirlwhind is over. The Prefects have been assigned. Life should get back to normal. And blogging should resume................SOON!

As for Jennifer - she was the last to join the Hogwarts Sock Swap, but she JOINED! And, I finally convinced her to set up a blog. Three more weeks and she will fall into the wonderful world of knitting bloggers and actually have time in her life to knit, the very best hobby in the world!