1.19.2006

7.5 Inches of Shell Pattern

Why do I belong to so many knitalongs! Better yet, why did I create two for my favorite sock books? The clock is ticking, the deadlines are approaching and I am not even halfway done. I am supposed to complete three pairs of socks this month! The voting is underway for the NEXT round of socks. Is there such a thing as SOCK-STRESS? I thought knitting was supposed to be a hobby and, by nature, hobbies are to "relieve" stress.

The FIRST Shell Pattern sock has a completed 7.5 inch cuff and here is a picture:


It a lovely pattern from my VINTAGE SOCKS book. The yarn looks a little pinker than it actually is. I have knit the cuff with two 2.5mm circular needles but am now going to switch to three double point needles to work the French Heel and the gusset decreases. The original pattern was published in 1899 and was written for a small child.