6.12.2006

Trek With Me PART TWO

For some reason Blogger never let me finish my blog last night so here is the rest of my Trek story.

We have lots of quaking aspen trees up here. The buck deer rub their antlers on the trees in the Fall to get the 'felt' off their antlers. It leaves these brown marks on the trees. The pine trees are pollinating right now leaving their fine green dust on everything. If you look closely you can see these teeny pine cones next to the large cone....they actually explode in clouds of green.

I reach my postbox destination. Now that we have these postal boxes the mail carrier can leave my packages in the lower box and I no longer have to drive into town to pick them up. Alas, there is not package for me today!

On the way home I pass this dude.............he badly needs a change of clothing.......the winter storms have been tough on his clothes.

And, I pass some dead pine trees that have been attacked by pine beetles. This is something we fear up here almost as much as forest fires. These beetles can devastate a forest.

50 minutes later I'm back home and it looks like the clouds are rolling in. My next trekking hike will be on a 'real' mountain trail even though this one is pretty close!