6.12.2006

View Off Deck






I've had several Trekkers commenting on my mountain walk and the gorgeous views that I thought I would be remiss if I didn't show you the views of what Pikes Peak looks like off my back deck (sheepish grin). The Peak looks different at different times throught the day and here are only a few views.

Someone asked if there are any houses around me. There are. We actually live in a subdivision where each home is on two acres. The surrounding lots around our home have never been developed so we really don't see any houses out our windows. Many of the people up here have built 'vacation' homes and live out-of-state.

Every New's Year there is an 'Atta Man' climb to the top of Pikes Peak and at midnight they shoot off fireworks. I won't even venture to guess how cold it is on top since our temperature is usually close to zero. In fact, we put our champagne cider out on the deck to chill -- haha! We always invite another family over to spend the night(mtn roads are no fun to navigate at night) and then at midnight watch the fireworks off our deck.

My husband and I do love it here. We used to backpack and camp all the time until we moved to the mountains. Now, campgrounds are just too noisy -- LOL. It's very quiet and peaceful and a perfect place to KNIT!